As Electric Vehicles and Electric Hybrids become ever more popular, demand for charging points is growing extremely quickly. This course has been designed to give you in-depth knowledge and practical experience to be able to take advantage of this rapidly growing and exciting new market.
This is the only course in the UK designed and developed in conjunction with BRE, IET Standards and the new Code of Practice for EV Charging Point Installation
The course covers all aspects of the electrical installation of Electric Vehicle charging points. The topics covered include:
1. Introduction to Electric Vehicles • Electric Vehicle types • Characteristics • Charging requirements •Safety considerations
2. Overview of Electric Vehicle charging • Modes of charging and requirements, restrictions
3. Electrical Installation Requirements •Supply •Earthing •Planning permission •Explosive atmospheres •Protection •Labelling •Control •Risk assessment
4.Installation •Practical domestic and commercial installation
5. Inspection, Test and Certification •Commissioning and DNO paperwork
6. System Test, Fault Find and Examination
Includes both a practical and written assessments
Eligible candidates are those who hold an Electrotechnical NVQ Level 3 or a Full Scope Part P qualification and BS7671:2008 17th Edition Wiring Regulations, City & Guilds 2391 or 2392 and have at least 2 years industry experience.
Duration: 2 Days Course Cost £335 plus VAT
Unique features •Extensive hands-on experience in state of the art facilities •Access to the IET technical network is included – access experienced installers and technical experts •Receive updates and guidance notes free of charge •Developed in conjunction with leading Manufacturers and Installers •A copy of the Code of Practice is included •Fully equipped training centres across
High Voltage DC and Rapid Charge courses are also available