Microgeneration installations are becoming common place throughout the UK: House builders are striving to meet tougher codes for sustainable buildings; social land-lords are looking for ways to combat fuel poverty; businesses and private individuals are taking advantage of the government feed-in tariff. This programme is designed to give construction staff the skills and knowledge to safely fit modern solar technologies to a range of roof types.
This programme is designed for construction professionals with experience of working at heights to provide a detailed understanding of modern Solar Photovoltaic Systems from how they work through to design, commissioning and installation.
- Solar PV – operating principles
- Solar Thermal – operating principles
- Health and safety and applicable regulations.
- Planning and preparation
- Site survey – Principles of safe and efficient installation
- Mechanical installation
- Roofing principles and weatherproofing
- Roofing installation – DC connections
On successful completion attendees will have an understanding of the principles of the Solar Photovoltaic and Thermal technologies and their benefits, and be able to plan and install systems on buildings.
Course Duration: 2 Days