Microgeneration installations are becoming common place throughout the UK: House builders are striving to meet tougher codes for sustainable buildings; social land-lords are looking for ways to combat fuel poverty; businesses and private individuals are taking advantage of the government feed-in tariff. This programme is designed to give construction staff the skills and knowledge to safely fit modern solar technologies to a range of roof types.
This programme is designed for construction professionals with experience of working at heights to provide a detailed understanding of modern Solar Photovoltaic Systems from how they work through to design, commissioning and installation.
- Solar PV – operating principles.
- Solar Thermal – operating principles.
- Health and safety and applicable regulations.
- Planning and preparation
- Site survey
- Principles of safe and efficient installation
- Mechanical installation – roofing principles and weatherproofing
- Roofing installation – DC connections
On successful completion attendees will:
Have an understanding of the principles of the Solar Photovoltaic and thermal technologies and their benefits.
Be able to plan and install systems on buildings.
This course includes a mixture of practical and classroom activities.